Virtual phone

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

cattom

Virtual phone

Post by cattom » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:09 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if there is an image that emulates an IP phone as the VPC emulates a minimal PC.

azaghul33

Re: Virtual phone

Post by azaghul33 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:37 pm

The closest you might get is a windows image with Cisco IP Communicator installed...though not sure if audio is supported within EVE under windows (not something I've needed to try)

etailleur

Post by etailleur » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi,

I have the same requirment. Is there a way to tell qemu to emulate an audio card to be able to start the ip communicator ?

I dont need to send real audio but just to start ip communicator and look at the rtp packet.

Thanks

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:08 pm

no way,
I tried use win host over rdp, and get my audio from native pc, but Communicator wont install anyway...
Not supported such audio

mcat84

Post by mcat84 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:07 am

you can actually install the "virtual sound driver".

Steps:
1. download and install the virtual driver
http://download.cnet.com/Virtual-Audio- ... 67766.html

2. Install your Cisco IP Communicator (v7.x or v8.x) and reboot your pc.

3. After reboot, Right Click Cisco IP Communicator Icon > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Check Mark “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from Drop Down Menu > Click on Apply and OK

Once you run the Cisco IP Communicator, it will ask you to configure the sound device and bla bla bla....just next and next and bla bla bla........once ready, set you CIPC to point to right tftp server (the CUCM) and you will be able to register to your CUCM..

Of course no sound....it is a virtual sound driver.....but other functions will work....