I cannot telnet to my nodes from the internet

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

Tizo

I cannot telnet to my nodes from the internet

Post by Tizo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi Everyone.

I am able to connect to my eve server from the internet. I am able to get to the web interface and run my labs but I am not able to telnet to the individual nodes. Is there someone who experienced the same issue ? Please help me out. I have attached my screenshots.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ramindia

Re: I cannot telnet to my nodes from the internet

Post by ramindia » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Check any FW in place. if so disable.

R!

Tizo

Post by Tizo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi Ramindia.

I disabled my firewall on my laptop but I still cannot access. My eve server is indeed listening to the ports that eve assigned (32769-328xx) however, I cannot establish a telnet session to my nodes. I have just updated eve qemu on ububtu and I uninstalled and then reinstalled the EVE-NG-WIN-PACK on my laptop from work. I am still getting the same issue. Is there any alternative ? I thought this was just a simple issue but not really. Please help me.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ecze

Post by ecze » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Yes: Use EVE as explained in Install section.

Customize EVE is not supported by EVE-NG team....

Indeed, we assume advanced user are able to manage system but others should simply use EVE as-is.

E.

PS: We can NOT handle each user custom tuning... Hope some user could help you in the forum....

Tizo

Post by Tizo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi Thanks for the help.

I'll just have to reinstall everything from scratch.

Thanks.

ruthgibby

Post by ruthgibby » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:07 am

can any budy please give ips about it.