Bare metal installation

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

mku

Bare metal installation

Post by mku » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:33 am

Hi all,

As I'm having some performance issues with EVE on ESXi, I wanted to try bare metal installation and see if there is any difference.

I followed an official how-to, but I'm stuck on getting the network running. For some reason, my network interfaces are "eno1" and "eno2" and won't change to "ethX", even though I changed grub configuration as per how-to.

I've also tried other config tweaks I googled out, but nothing helped. Seem like a lot of people struggle with this.

Can anyone help me with that, please?

ramindia

Re: Bare metal installation

Post by ramindia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:45 pm

mku wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:33 am
Hi all,

As I'm having some performance issues with EVE on ESXi, I wanted to try bare metal installation and see if there is any difference.

I followed an official how-to, but I'm stuck on getting the network running. For some reason, my network interfaces are "eno1" and "eno2" and won't change to "ethX", even though I changed grub configuration as per how-to.

I've also tried other config tweaks I googled out, but nothing helped. Seem like a lot of people struggle with this.

Depends on what work for you, both working in real world..join live chat to discuss problem

R!

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:47 am

if carefully follow how to, any interface en, ens changes to eth
http://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/documen ... re-install

UD

daniel

Post by daniel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:48 pm

mku wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:33 am
Hi all,

Is there a file named /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules ? what is the content of the file if there is?

mku

Post by mku » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. Originally the file was not present. I created it manually, it was something like:

SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="02:01:02:03:04:05", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", NAME="eth0"

but it didn't work anyway.

ecze

Post by ecze » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't use this file anymore ( /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules )

show me the result of

cat /proc/cmdline

E.

ahmed magdy

Post by ahmed magdy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi,

i had same problem and solved it after following below link .

http://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/mini-how ... 16-04.html