Installing EVE-NG on a DC Server

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

jjc1984

Installing EVE-NG on a DC Server

Post by jjc1984 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:01 pm

Hi, i work in a large Telco Company and i've requested to the DC Staff to install the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

They installed it using hypervisor and i have access to it via ssh using a public ip... So my question is if i follow the bare installation instruction , would it be ok ? or may i request to the DC staff to uninstall the Ubuntu and lift the EVE-NG VM ?

ramindia

Re: Installing EVE-NG on a DC Server

Post by ramindia » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 pm

jjc1984 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:01 pm
Hi, i work in a large Telco Company and i've requested to the DC Staff to install the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

They installed it using hypervisor and i have access to it via ssh using a public ip... So my question is if i follow the bare installation instruction , would it be ok ? or may i request to the DC staff to uninstall the Ubuntu and lift the EVE-NG VM ?
If i understand the question correctly, you looking EVE-NG OVA to be installed on Esxi as VM, instead of Ubuntu ? is this correct ?

as long as they enabled esxi with vt-x enable and you supply then eve-ng ova, is good to go

R!

jjc1984

Post by jjc1984 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:01 am

ramindia wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 pm
jjc1984 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:01 pm

If i understand the question correctly, you looking EVE-NG OVA to be installed on Esxi as VM, instead of Ubuntu ? is this correct ?

as long as they enabled esxi with vt-x enable and you supply then eve-ng ova, is good to go

R!
thanks for your reply

yes, my new idea is that, installing the OVA on ESXi as VM.

But another option could be do a bare install of EVE on the actual Ubuntu VM?

Either as a VM or a Bare installation on the Ubuntu VM, using the Public IP of the VM (actually 80/443 ; 22 ports are open on the FW) could i connect to EVE from my home laptop via Chrome or Firefox typing that public IP as the URL ?

ahmed magdy

Post by ahmed magdy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:58 am

Hi,

yes bro it will work perfectly, i succeeded to install eve on bare metal server and give eve pnet0 interface same public IP of physical interface eth0 after that you can manage your lab remotely by inserting public IP in your laptop browser

jjc1984

Post by jjc1984 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:06 pm

ahmed magdy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:58 am
Hi,

yes bro it will work perfectly, i succeeded to install eve on bare metal server and give eve pnet0 interface same public IP of physical interface eth0 after that you can manage your lab remotely by inserting public IP in your laptop browser
Hi Ahmed,

Then, Do i need to open more ports on the FW ? Such as the ports mentioned on the FAQs of the main EVE-NG Website

ahmed magdy

Post by ahmed magdy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 am

hi jjc1984 ,

of course you will need to open all Telnet ports to be able telnet any node from putty or securecrt plus you will need to allow html ports 80 or 8080 as well as you will need to allow RDP on your metal .

good luck bro

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:04 am

for such public use best will be html console and https setup on EVE.
In our how to section is given how to switch eve to https, install SSL.

But if you want use native console access to EVE, then will need open TCP ports 32000-45000. Community edition.
In the upcoming EVE pro will need open all TCP ports, because of dynamic port assignment will be in use.

Or third option, make VPN to your DC and EVE.

UD