Windows devices stop working in Pro version

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

rodm81

Windows devices stop working in Pro version

Post by rodm81 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:22 am

I have two version of eve. Pro on my my main computer and community on my alternate. All of my windows devices stopped working on my pro version and when I install new devices they do the same thing which is turn on for about 4 seconds and stop. My drives are not full and every other device works fine. ASAV, vIOS, Fortinet, Mikrotick, Palo Alto etc... The Windows devices work fine on my community version. I also tried the SQL Data base command and KVM is ok. I also imported one of my Win7 devices from the community version into pro and had the same error. Any thoughts?

Uldis (UD)

Re: Windows devices stop working in Pro version

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:36 pm

yes, you simply forgot enable Intel EPT function on your CPU:)

Read cookbook dear...
How to enable on CPU Intel VT-X/EPT
Install process for EVE on ESXI or VM workstation

Type in your EVE cli

Code: Select all

root@eve-ng:~# kvm-ok
INFO: /dev/kvm exists
KVM acceleration can be used
root@eve-ng:~# 
IT MUST SAY you CAN be used

rodm81

Re: Windows devices stop working in Pro version

Post by rodm81 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:47 am

That can't be the issue. These devices were working fine for weeks or probably a good two months and they stopped working. These are not new additions. I have been using them in labs before. Also, I am under the impression that no other nodes would work if I did not enable on CPU Intel VT-X/EPT All other nodes besides Windows devices work.

root@eve-ng:~# kvm-ok
INFO: /dev/kvm exists
KVM acceleration can be used
root@eve-ng:~#