no other telnet console than Guacamole

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

andrejjorje

no other telnet console than Guacamole

Post by andrejjorje » Sun May 17, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi there. My 1st post here on eve-ng.
Win 10 64 bit ver 1909 on I7-8700T with 32 GB RAM.
EVE-NG PRO latest version running on VMware Wkst Pro.
I have installed Windows Integration Pack latest ver. After I installed the pack I was never asked which telnet I want when back in the eve web page and left click on an active node.
I have Secure CRT8.7 licensed and installed in the default folder in Program FIles. I registered the win10_64bit_sCRT.reg file.
I have a VIRL account hence all the Cisco nodes in the attached picture.
No matter what I do or what browser I use the only telnet console available when left click on node or double click is Guacamole. Also when the node is started I have just just few options compared with what I see in the support video . See picture attached.
I'd love to have secureCRT working i multi tab.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Andrei
Telnet_SecureCRT.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: no other telnet console than Guacamole

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon May 18, 2020 7:02 am

:)
and how about set right console on main login screen :)
Native will use local telnet program...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andrejjorje

Post by andrejjorje » Mon May 18, 2020 11:41 am

Yes that helped but I had to do two additional things.
1. Make SecureCRT my default telnet app because it wasn't. Global Options\Terminal\Web Browser\Default URL Handler. Change then in windows\settings\default apps\by protocol\telnet.
2. Make Chrome not to ask every time if I want to use SecureCRT for telnet. I found how to do this here.

The win10_64bit_sCRT.reg in eve-ng folder did not do the trick for me.
Thanks.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:19 am

Make Chrome do not ask open application and set it by default, you must edit windows registry. In the Internet are solution for it.
But default application by protocol, for wondows 10 need set manually, because registry file from eve folder only add telnet protocol in the def applications, rest you must set manually

########Create new Key#########

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\

New key Google

#########New DWORD32Bit Chrome############
Right click on Google

Full path:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome

Add new DWORD32bit
Name:
ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox

Edit,value 1