Control Plane Inconsistency | SD WAN Lab A

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

murph636

Control Plane Inconsistency | SD WAN Lab A

Post by murph636 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:17 am

I've currently have finished the Lab A WorkBook for the SDWAN EVE-NG Pro Lab Guide......I've noticed that there is Control Plane inconsistency between vManage and the vEdge Devices......they will randomly lose their control connections and the only way to get them back is to either reboot the devices or resend the "WAN Edge List" to the controllers. Has anyone had to deal with this or figure out a way to stabilize the connections? The Server has access to 32vCPU's & 457GB of RAM. I have the nodes configured as followed:

vEdge: 2vCPU's & 2048GB RAM
vManage: 4vCPU's & 24576GB RAM
vSmart: 2vCPU's & 8096 GB RAM
vBond: 2vCPU's & 4024GB RAM

In the snapshots I have only the Management Devices up but yet vManage thinks that one of the vEdge's are up.

Some of the errror's that I see locally from the device (vEdge) with a "show control connections-history" are:

DCONFAIL: DTLS connection failure
DISTLOC: TLOC Disabled
VM_TMO: Peer vManage Timed out
VS_TMO: Peer vSmart Timed out
VB_TMO: Peer vBond Timed out

Those errors seems to insinuate that I lose reachability via ISP-WAN...via other devices can still ping the ISP-WAN GW. Looking to see if anyone else has experienced this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Control Plane Inconsistency | SD WAN Lab A

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:27 pm

Set your vEdges to 1x CPU and 1024M RAM, and this collision will go
no idea why vEdge dislike x2 CPU and 2Gb ram
next heavy setup which works great is set for vEdge x4 CPU and 8GB RAM

murph636

Re: Control Plane Inconsistency | SD WAN Lab A

Post by murph636 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:59 pm

Thanks will try.