Fresh install of 5.0.1-106-PRO and Can't log into GUI

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

FLguy

Fresh install of 5.0.1-106-PRO and Can't log into GUI

Post by FLguy » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:42 pm

Hello all,

I have completed three fresh installs of 5.0.1-106-PRO using the Full .ISO image running on esxi 7.0.u3. 12 vcpus, 32GB ram, 100gb drive. After each install, I end up having the same problem each time. I can not log in to the GUI. I am following the directions inside the cookbook exactly. After installation, I run an update & reboot, then install eve-ng-dockers. I also always have to run:

apt install --reinstall eve-ng-dockers

Because every time I run 'dc images' I see <none> in the list at first. I reboot, then go into GUI, and can not log in.

I did find a command about a crashed EVE login DB, and after running that command, I can log in for the first time. It doesn't feel right that this command has to be done in order to log in. Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Nick

Uldis (UD)

Re: Fresh install of 5.0.1-106-PRO and Can't log into GUI

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:51 am

Try download latest ISO full because we did re-compilation of it.
Follow screen because EVE has 3 phases of install and takes time. Follow install screen
Also, 100gb is a bit short for EVE pro.