I can't see the cisco CLI in putty or secureCRT

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

vpnwarrior

I can't see the cisco CLI in putty or secureCRT

Post by vpnwarrior » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:36 pm

I have installed eve-ng on both virtualbox and vmware. I also downloaded the windows client side pack and registered securecrt in windows 10. When I start a node I see the secureCRT screen with an error: The remote system refused the connection. Same problem with putty. I've been trying to get that damn thing to work for two days now. Oooh I thought MST configuration...at last.... (MST is not supported in packet tracer), but no, it's limitation after limitation after limitation and I've had enough of that. I tried GNS3 with some images with some tutorial on the net with no luck.
I have uploaded two switch images, L2 and L3 to eve-NG. The switch is in the workspace and I get it started, but normally the Cisco CLI should pop up on the screen in putty or CRT according to the videos but this one does not!

How do you access the console?

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thank you,
Last edited by vpnwarrior on Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rusty725

Re: I can't see the cisco CLI in putty or secureCRT

Post by rusty725 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:48 pm

find me in our chat https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/
and give me anydesk so I can remote and help you