VM Error message during the boot process in EVE-NG

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

sam116

VM Error message during the boot process in EVE-NG

Post by sam116 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:14 am

Hi Support team and EVE Experts.

I am getting an error message during the boot process of the VM in EVE (Version 2.0.3-86) running in EXSi 6.5 environment. I tried to build a lab after login to the VM, however one of the devices image stuck in the boot process. I waited for almost two hours but nothing did happen. After that I tried to shut down the device but then I got the error message (2407.487432] Buffer I/O error on device sda7, logical block 8763607). I waited again for one hour but the device status did not change. After that I tried to rest the VM and the I got another error message " No more disk space"- Snapshot of the error is attached to this post. I will appreciate if someone could help. I have created several labs and would like to save the data if possible. Prompt response to this request will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: VM Error message during the boot process in EVE-NG

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 am

need start inspect your storage on esxi, it can be faulty as well..
But error about eve vmd space probably it is true, simply out of place..
I recommend install EVE from iso.
So grab ISO and install new fresh eve...
HDD in this case you can give during HDD as big as you like.

UD