vSRX Config Import not completing

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

jpchar

vSRX Config Import not completing

Post by jpchar » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi,

I have a lab setup with a couple of Juniper vSRXs. I can successfully export and import configs but following the completion of an import, I still have the "clock" symbol next to the node in question.

If I gracefully shutdown or power-off then I cannot power the node back on again without wiping the config first.

Also, I needed to update the config script to use "load override" as it was failing on the "set: commands for interfaces (on the factory default config).

Any suggestions as to working out if the script is actually completing or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Pierre

jpchar

Re: vSRX Config Import not completing

Post by jpchar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:30 pm

I managed to work out that the script wasn't completing due to the timeout being reached and therefore the ".lock" file not being removed.

Running the script manually gave the following error while the config was still committing:

root@eve-ng:/opt/unetlab/scripts# python3 /opt/unetlab/scripts/config_vsrx.py -a put -p 32774 -f /opt/unetlab/tmp/0/841eb27e-0320-4f71-84c1-6d0fe66cb970/6/startup-config -t 300
ERROR: error waiting for ["root>", "root@.*>"] prompt.
ERROR: failed to push config.

Changing the value of longtimeout in the script fixed the issue.

mike

Re: vSRX Config Import not completing

Post by mike » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Try increasing the script timeout to 600