Facing Issue with Eve-ng installation

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

ankda14

Facing Issue with Eve-ng installation

Post by ankda14 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:24 am

Hi All,

I have downloaded eve-ng PRO ISO file and was following steps mentioned in official video for installation. after complete installation, when i login into machine, i am not getting auto setup process to set up new root password and set ip address as static. I am installing this machine on VM workstation. I am doing nat for this VM machine. Further, i can't reach internet through eve-ng console. default root is pointing to NAT nic gateway. i dont understand where is the problem. further I can't able to edit interface or resolv.conf file. Is there any editor available.i tried nano and vim but none is working.

Please guide.

Thanks

Uldis (UD)

Re: Facing Issue with Eve-ng installation

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:25 pm

you have to make sure if your VM ware workstation is ok dns ip for internet as well before you install it...
ISO install require dhcp to be enabled with correct DNS IP settings ...OR you have to know exact IP/mask/GW/DNS...
And you didnt watch video till the end !!!

EVE install has 2 phases, first is ubuntu, and second install starts after ubuntu install reboots...
If your DNS settings are wrong, you got what you have now

ubuntu install done, but eve is not started after reboot at all...

Re-watch vieo mate