Cloud connectivity not working also multiple EVE connections

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

bcrawfo2

Cloud connectivity not working also multiple EVE connections

Post by bcrawfo2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 pm

First...I'm trying to use the cloud feature in eve to connect to my physical network. I run eve on ESX and have one network (vlan 10) plumbed to the eve VM. I deploy Cloud0 and connect it to a VPC. On the VPC, I assign an available address on my internal network (vlan 10). I try to ping and I don't get an answer. I do populate my arp table for the VPC when I try to ping from my network. I also see some arps on the VPC.
I can get into Eve on/from vlan 10...because I can administer it.
Any thoughts?

As an additional troubleshooting step, I thought about adding a second nic to my eve VM. I have a dedicated management network (vlan 99) and plumbed that as the first nic in ESX. I started up eve and it DHCP'd for management an appropriate IP for vlan 99. I then shut it down and added a second nic (vlan 10) in ESX for my eve VM. Oddly...when I booted up Eve...it DHCP'd an ip from vlan 10 (not 99 as I would expect).
Is there a way to force eve to use a particular nic for different functions?

bcrawfo2

Re: Cloud connectivity not working also multiple EVE connections

Post by bcrawfo2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:18 am

Found it...needed promiscuous on the vswitch. Working now. Still confused about the multiple nics.