Internet/Cloud access from inside of Eve lab running on ESXi

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

Uldis (UD)

Re: Internet/Cloud access from inside of Eve lab running on ESXi

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:02 pm

it does !!
if you do not use NIC teaming on esxi....
it is really confirmed already...

1. do not use NIC teaming for esxi where is eve installed
2. make sure if there is promiscue mode enabled..

same problem described here

https://github.com/InfraSIM/infrasim-co ... -situation

as well arp packets can be lost on eve community if to install dockers, it mess up all bridges in eve community

mom

Post by mom » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:22 am

Please go to eve cookbook. They toll you how to all steps. I also got that problem after I read them problem was solved.
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/docume ... -cookbook/

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:37 pm

darko wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 am
In short, Cloud1 is not forwarding ARP packets.

Is there a fix for this?
it does forward, look your network configuration.
I am using 4 clouds and all pass all trsffic where i need

eliotradisa

Post by eliotradisa » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:06 pm

dawn3000 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 5:55 am
I came across the same issue, but on the virtual distributed switch.

I have already enabled the promiscuous mode on the port group which eve- Lucky Patcher Kodi nox ng connects to, the vIOS devices can ping eve-ng and ESXi host, but cannot ping the gateway sitting on the physical switch.

Do I need to enable the promiscuous mode on the vDS uplink port group? I haven't enabled it as the option is grey out and can't be changed.

Any idea? Thanks!
I started out with a pretty normal install from the ova file and added a bunch of images. Everything seemed to be working ok but then I tried adding a network (cloud 0) and I was not able to connect outside of the lab. I tried everything I could think of. With the exception of the EVE management IP (192.168.1.55), I cannot ping outside of the lab environment like 8.8.8.8 or 192.168.1.1 (default gateway) or 192.168.1.5 (server).

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:08 am

you better check/compare pnet mac addresses responding to which vmnet in your esxi..
it it known bug esxi mess up vmnt orders for vm machines..
for example in my esxi vmnet2 actually is cloud2/pnet1 on eve
but in esxi it looks like second vmnet adapter

per visual settings this should be cloud1/pnet1, but as you see reality it is not
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

argendaequan

Post by argendaequan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:33 am

andyl wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:30 pm
Hi,

I'm not sure what is going on here but I'm having a bit of a problem getting external access from inside a lab. Now I know I'm not an expert but I have tried watching all the video and read the board looking for someone with the same problem but I have not been able to resolve this.

I started out with a pretty normal install from the ova file and added a bunch of images. Everything seemed to be working ok but then I tried adding a network (cloud 0) and I was not able to connect outside of the lab. I tried everything I could think of. With the exception of the EVE management IP (192.168.1.55), I cannot ping outside of the lab environment like 8.8.8.8 or 192.168.1.1 (default gateway) or 192.168.1.5 (server).

What I did to connect to the outside is just adding a network (cloud1) and attaching it to a router. I then assign a static IP to the router and trying to ping out like to 8.8.8.8. It fails. I tried staring and stopping the lab. Creating a new lab but I'm unable to get anything inside a lab to talk with another device outside of the lab - once again with the exception of the EVE managment IP.
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
To double check things I install another instance of EVE (new download). I let EVE get a DHCP address (192.168.1.65) on the install. I then added a network (cloud1) and a vPC. I put a static IP on the vPC (192.168.1.45/24) and I cannot ping the default gateway 192.168.1.1 or another system on the network that does respond 192.168.1.5.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, if it's inside of EVE or inside of ESXi but I could use any help you have.

Thanks,

Andy
It did not work right away so I rebooted everything and now it's happy.

Suman1101

Post by Suman1101 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:36 am

I'm not sure what is going on here but I'm having a bit of a problem getting external access from inside a lab. Now I know I'm not an expert but I have tried watching all the video and read the board looking for someone with the same problem but I have not been able to resolve this.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:49 am

Best way for support come to EVE live chat
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/
use gmail to join..
Iam pretty sure it is not a problem, just forgot something :)