Juniper vMX periodically loses all interfaces

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

nimn

Juniper vMX periodically loses all interfaces

Post by nimn » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:04 am

I have only 2vMXs and after starting initially, looking normal, they lose all their interfaces
'show interfaces terse" brings up no physical interfaces and all logicals become up down
This happens every 20-30 minutes and they return after around 10. I dont see any rhyme or reason and am not sure how to troubleshoot further
Image attached - I am running Logical Systems on these, about 15 apiece, if you're wondering what i'm doing with just two

Platform: Win 7 6x, vmware workstation - 8x cpus 1 core each, 21.5GB ram, 40GB HDD
Juniper trial (current) vMX 15.1F6.9 with 1 FPC each
VCP: 1CPU, 2GB Ram, 2 interfaces
Qemu: tpl(2.4.0), Qemu Arch (tpm (x86_64), Qemu Nic tpl (e1000)
VFP: 3 CPU, 8GB Ram, 12 interfaces
Qemu: tpl(2.4.0), Qemu Arch (tpm (x86_64), Qemu Nic tpl (virtio-net-pci)
Configuration Procedure: http://www.eve-ng.net/documentation/how ... -16-x-17-x
Eve version: unknown - installation file is "EVE-20171007.iso"

Troubleshooting: I have increased and decreased the ram on both devices
I've added/removed CPU limit, reduced router count
After reinstalling vmxs (different versions) and eve (included a recent upgrade i believe) issue remains
I notice now that the qemu nic is different between VCP & VFP, unsure if i may have changed that - will look at that next

Any help, advice or troubleshooting steps would be great - thanks
1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.