Juniper vQFX vmdk

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

jacksonp2008

Juniper vQFX vmdk

Post by jacksonp2008 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:56 pm

I followed your procedure here: http://www.eve-ng.net/documentation/how ... niper-vqfx

However, instead of the images you show (qcow2/img) I am only able to pull the vmdk.

I did the vmdk to qcow2 coversion, and they power on.

When I log into RE with root/Juniper I get a linux shell, not a captive CLI like you show.

those creds don't work at all on PFE.

rsxhawk

Re: Juniper vQFX vmdk

Post by rsxhawk » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:59 am

Not sure if you have already figured this out, but just for your own understanding of how a Juniper device works, when you log in as root, you automatically get dropped into the FreeBSD unix-like shell. From there, you have to type "cli" and press enter to get dropped into Junos at the ">" prompt. Once you're logged in as root, set a root password, commit it, then create a regular superuser login, and commit that as well. Then log all the way out then log back in as your new user account - you will then be dropped directly into Junos. But you can also revisit the shell at anytime by typing "start shell" from the ">" prompt.

Also, you shouldn't really need to log into the PFE for anything, same goes for the vMX - as all configuration is done on the CP/RE virtual machines.