Custom Ubuntu Server Host DHCP Issue

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

olg32

Custom Ubuntu Server Host DHCP Issue

Post by olg32 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:37 pm

hello everyone,

I've been trying to install Ubuntu Server 18.04 from the .ISO file following the instructions provided at :

http:// www.eve-ng.net/documentation/howto-s/10 ... inux-image

All works fine up to step 8. Then, when I start the node and the installation process begins, the installer is unable to obtain an IP address via DHCP. The network cloud is type Management (Cloud 0) and I know it works because while troubleshooting I connected a Cisco 7200 router to the same network configuring a FE port as DHCP client. After starting the router, the interface obtains an IP address from the cloud right away.

I'm running EVE-NG from VMware Workstation 14 player on a HP laptop. In order to rule out any hardware issue, I installed the same Linux image as a Virtual Machine from VMware Player, this time the installer obtains a DHCP address with no problem.

So I don't know what might be wrong. Already tried all kinds of QEMU NIC cards in the edit section but so far no joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.