Load startup configs to Arista

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

David_Gonzalez

Load startup configs to Arista

Post by David_Gonzalez » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi,

I'm in the PRO version. I have tried to clone/import an existing lab into a new one, but although configs do show in the "startup-configs" menu, im unable to boot with them.

I have followed the videos, but after setting "all nodes to the selected config set", the flash on the switches are not loaded and are still empty. As a result, Arista vEOS images boots in zero-touch provising mode. I'm trying this with Arista vEOS 4.20.10M.

Are there any known issues? Is there any way to debug further why configs are not being loaded into vEOS flash?

thanks a lot

Uldis (UD)

Re: Load startup configs to Arista

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 pm

it is because ZeroTouch is enabled
need commit changes on image to disable that zerotouch, then commit image to be and boot always in classic way...

but true, even i compiled image with disabled zerotouch...it export cfg but wont boot from it
need inspect it deeper

Uldis

P.S. we found issue, in next EVE pro release exports will work with zerotouch images

David_Gonzalez

Re: Load startup configs to Arista

Post by David_Gonzalez » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks a lot for looking into this. I will wait for the fix on the new release then.

cheers
David