How to use Emulated Virtual Environment Pro version ?

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

boy_de_ghet

Post by boy_de_ghet » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:28 am

Please tell me method get this Pro version,
Donate or buy it ?

Thanks,

azaghul33

Re: How to use Emulated Virtual Environment Pro version ?

Post by azaghul33 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:44 am

From the pieces of info on the forum, the Pro version is still in the dev stages and best guess is 3 months away at least (would be happy to be wrong :D ), not sure what the cost model is for its release. At this stage the Community version does all I need for my CCNP R&S studies.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:00 pm

YES,
EVE Pro is uder developement, expected time release end of year, maybe sooner

numchucksoe

Post by numchucksoe » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Great news. Couple questions?
1. Do you have a timeline on when the release will be.
2. I fully expect that there will be a fee. Is this a donation or will there be a straight fee.
3. Have any idea how much I should expect to pay for the PRO version. This is a great platform so I have no issues with payment, just curious.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:24 pm

Out: early 2018
Price: approx 100 -120 USD annual subscription
How: License based for single install.

Upcoming roadmap:
Professional Edition:

Multi Configuration per Lab
Export/Import Config
Docker support
Live Links, hot connection running nodes
Simultaneous connection of multiple users to the same Lab
HTML5 wireshark client for traffic capture
1024 nodes support per lab
Custom template for own nodes

UD

irena22

Post by irena22 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:10 am

Hi there!

PRO version:

1. HW resources.Will I be able to use a local client to run virtualization on your servers? similar to Cisco's VIRL
2. Customer Service (CS) for technical issues: will 800-number be provided? If so, will I be able to reach a live person?
3. If CS will be available, is that separately paid or included in the subscription? If separately paid, what is the price?
4. What payment methods will be accepted?
5. What country's jurisdiction will the subscription be hosted under?
6. Will images be included in the subscription? If so, how many per license?
7. 1024 nodes per lab. Will I be able to use multiple images or one image per lab? For example, all 1024 NXOS, or NXOS and IOS-XR, or any other combination
8. Does EVE-NG support overlays in general and VXLAN in particular?

Thanks!

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:14 am

Answers:
1. we have already partners who offer rack hosted eve. EVE-NG doesn't have any local client, like it is in VIRL, but remote access to EVE servers we are using web browser. It can be used combining local installed telnet program (Putty), Wireshark, vnc or simply total clientless access using browser only.
EVE-NG partner hosted services in cloud:
https://cloudmylab.com/eve-ng/

2. We have live chat already, and 90% eve experts are there who will help you.. We have diff time zones covered.
http://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk

3. Depends of request, it is request for onsite/remote EVE expert help, like EVE installation, tuning, then it will be paid, but it is case by case.
Simple how to answers ppl will give you in live chat for free.

4. Payment will be Paypal, major cards, direct purchase of Pro license/subscription in our web page. For companies will be offered invoice and wire transfer.

5. EVE-NG is established in UK. Taxes for every purchase will take care our merchant company. Like if you buy EVE pro in Belgium, you will be charged Belgium VAT. Subscription itself is license file with time limit, what you will load in your eve Pro.

6. NO, We have not such rights distribute images in any kind, they belong to Vendors like Cisco, Juniper. We offering max easy how to as doc information (our WEB) and videos how to create own images for EVE.

7. Of course multi different nodes can be used in lab. Mix of vendors and kind of nodes in any combination. Example: ASAs with NXOS switches and Palo Alto FW in same lab.

8. Wrong question. Don't mess EVE with vendor image features what actually support this feature. If NXOS image from Cisco supports it, then you can use it in lab. by the way last NX9K image supports VXLAN and we did many labs already with it.

regards
UD
Any answer you can get from EVE in live chat anytime.

ju9osys

Post by ju9osys » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 am

nice disclaimer UD,

would like to say highlight one section with strictly important,that is Don't ask for FULL eve or lite eve ,such image not exist and never ask for vendor image

irena22

Post by irena22 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Hi Uldis,

Thank you for a quick reply.

Regarding the item 8, VIRL does not support L2 overlays. The nxos image may support the VXLAN feature, but the virtualization in VIRL does not support L2 overlay. One can configure VXLAN in VIRL on a valid Cisco's image theoretically, but will not be able to confirm traffic via VIRL ( VTEPs won't even come up). There is currently no virtual environment that can confirm VXLAN. Thus, was the question 8.
I am trying to compare products available on the market, and, unfortunately, do not see the advantage of paying at least $50 per month for EVE-NG. For a Data Center technologies at least. As you may probably know, everything else can be done for free using GN3 (which runs on the local machine).
I have visited the EVE site via links provided in your reply. Seems like the authors pose several legal issues under the US jurisdiction. Since vendor images ( which is intellectual property) are not provided (meaning vendors were not communicated about the possible use of their images) and yet presents the platform that will allow host intellectual property for a fee, this is a classic case of promoting cyber pirating. Cisco distributes its images for evaluating purposes and does not charge any fees but one has to agree to its license usage. Yet, EVE-NG will provide a paid platform to run Cisco and other vendors' images. I know Palo-Alto does not provide its images for any types of use. How do you think your clients will obtain those images? Wondering, if Cisco knows that their images will be included in the EVE's package for a charge while the images are available for free on the Cisco.com? Anyway, you do whatever you do. But it sounds very fishy and illegal.
Regards,
Irena

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:14 am

Hi Irena,

well answer for VXLAN, we did it
here is nice EVE lab where we did vxlan over MPLS, using nxos. I do confirm, VXLAN works. VTEP was UP.
http://www.eve-ng.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1032

GNS you might need same source of hw to run nxos. EVE is not guilty for such cisco nxos requirements. On your laptop you anyway with GNS will have no success with nxos.

EVE community is free, take and use it . load what you want.

Dont mess EVE-NG and cloudmylab, those are 2 different companies with different products.

EVE-NG have strict agreement with cloudmylab company for EVE platform use only, they use our EVE to offer their services and loaded stuff.
About any loading in it, legality, answer will give cloudmylab.

No need offend EVE in illegal images distribution... EVE-NG do not do that.
EVE-NG users obtain images using their partner accounts and are 100% legitimate to use them. Any, if you have partner status, Palo or Cisco, whatever.
I am responsible for EVE-NG as platform, not for images what are loaded in our product.
I don't know what do you mean EVE-NG package, we do not offer any preloaded pack here.

EVE products are:
In the EVE-NG product portfolio we have not anything hosted on today. Partners, yes they offering such services and are responsible for loaded stuff, but not EVE-NG itself.
Our products, platform sofware:
1. EVE-Community edition, free (platform only)
2. coming EVE-PRO, paid (platform only)
3. coming EVE Learning centre edition, paid (platform only)
No vendors images !!!
Thats it.

Our EVE as product does not contain any image, except some freeware like linux, docker with linux, wireshark..thats it.

regards
Uldis