How can I start new session in SecureCRT new tab instead another instance of program?

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

fomik2

How can I start new session in SecureCRT new tab instead another instance of program?

Post by fomik2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:12 am

Hi,
I've installed windows integrated pack and run win7_64bit_crt. When I click on switch icon or router icon in EVE-NG SecureCRT run instead Putty. It's ok. It's situation what I want. But I want new session open in new tab but instead another SecureCRT instance run.
My OS is Win7_64x.

Uldis (UD)

Re: How can I start new session in SecureCRT new tab instead another instance of program?

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:34 am

if you are using FireFox browser and you sure you have installed SecureCRT reg file,
Then you have to go to firefox option/applications/telnet

And you have to be sure that CRT is set with name default beside.

But Chrome must work by default with tabbed session.
Be sure you have installed right CRT reg file which is included in our winpack for eve.
winpack is downloadable here in our site

UD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

denqyj

Re: How can I start new session in SecureCRT new tab instead another instance of program?

Post by denqyj » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:41 am

Open your SecureCRT and press the following in sequence:

Options -> Global Options... -> Terminal -> Connect sessions in tabs

msr_eve-ng

Post by msr_eve-ng » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi,

Workaround doesn't seem to work.
Have you any method to open tabs instead secureCRT instances when connecting to devices member of a lab ?
Last edited by msr_eve-ng on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msr_eve-ng

Post by msr_eve-ng » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:07 pm

I just found the solution:

SecureCRT version 8.3.1
EVE-NG version 2.0.3-86
Windows version 10

For SecureCRT standalone in a Windows CMD window:
reg add HKCR\VanDyke.SecureCRT.URLHandler.1\shell\open\command /d "\"C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.exe\" /T %1" /F
For SecureCRT/FX bundled in a Windows CMD windows:
reg add HKCR\VanDyke.SecureCRT.URLHandler.1\shell\open\command /d "\"C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\Clients\SecureCRT.exe\" /T %1" /F

hoping that this could have helped you.

badgerdog

Post by badgerdog » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:29 am

I have the same problem, but mine used to work until I ran the latest "win10_64bit_sCRT.reg" on my Win10Pro machine. My SecureCRT version is 6.5.4 x64 build 555. None of my browsers open the devices ins tabbed SecureCRT, every node opens a new instance of SecureCRT.. I tried your registry entry (reg add HKCR\VanDyke.SecureCRT.URLHandler.1\shell\open\command /d "\"C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.exe\" /T %1" /F) on my Windows10, but it's still not working.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks

Chris929

Post by Chris929 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:31 am

You can find the "single instance" option in your SecureCRT Global.ini file. By default, the Global.ini file is stored in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\VanDyke\Config\Global.ini

To enable the single instance setting, you can open the .ini
file with notepad and change the following line from:

D:"Single Instance"=00000000
to
D:"Single Instance"=00000001

This should do it

badgerdog

Post by badgerdog » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:35 am

Thanks, but that change causes the following:

Open R1 in lab - securecrt opens a session
Open R2 in lab - securecrt displays R1 in same window, no new session
Open R3 in lab - securecrt displays R1 in same window, no new session

So basically, only one session of securecrt opens, not multiple and not in tab, no matter which node I select, it always display the first node I selected.

No idea why this is happening, it change when I installed the latest windowspack from EVE-NG.

Thanks though.

By the way, I don't want the "single instance," of securecrt, I want securecrt to open the EVE lab devices in "Tabs.' Like I stated, this worked before I mistakenly decided to use the latest windowspack .reg file on EVE-NG. Could be another coincidence, but I'm not able to resolve this.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:29 am

Single instance exactly means that your sessions are TABBED in SINGLE CRT window.
But issue if on click opens only R1, is your PC settings and CRT cfg problem...
Looks..that you have lost in 2 trees.
I have attached exact steps what must be done on your PC get working CRT.

but if you still have issues, visit live chat to find me.

UD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

badgerdog

Post by badgerdog » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Thanks for that UD, but "URL:telnet" in step 6 of your pdf doesn't show in my "Choose Apps by protocol," perhaps a recent Windows 10 update caused this? Searched for a solution, but can't find one.