EVE-NG Not Seeing Any BIGIP Images

Moderator: mike

Santucci4

EVE-NG Not Seeing Any BIGIP Images

Post by Santucci4 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:12 am

All,

I'm really hoping someone can help me. For the life of me, I cannot get eve-ng to see any of my bigip images. I've tried using 4 different images, from 13.0 to 15.x. I followed the instructions to the "T" and still can't get it to be seen. I'm at my wits end over here lol. I am trying out the community edition with the hopes of getting the professional edition. I installed using the ova file and not the ISO image. I also did the apt-get update and apt-get upgrade at the end of the initial installation.

Running ESXi 6.0.0 (Build 3620759)
ProLiant DL360p Gen8
8 CPUs x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2643 0 @ 3.30GHz
128 GB RAM
Linux eve-ng 4.9.40-eve-ng-ukms-2+ #4 SMP Fri Sep 15 02:07:02 CEST 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Expose Hardware assisted virtualizaton to the guest os is enabled

I have tried getting the images to load a few different ways. For the 13.x images, I've tried renaming the 2 files to virtoia and virtoib.qcow2 because it produced 2 different files after extraction. I've read many different articles and seen many different videos on what has worked for others, but I cannot get mine to work. I have followed the steps outlined in the documentation howto's as well. I have to be doing something wrong if others got it working.

Thanks In Advance,
Brian

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE-NG Not Seeing Any BIGIP Images

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:33 am

Hi,
If you see the image in the nodes list but it is still blur (not highlighted) then issue is your image foldername !
It is VERY important how is named your f5 image folder.

example:
bigip-15.0.0.0-0039

first part of this folder name is bigip- (bigip and hyphen is a must for your image foldername as well)

like bigip-abababa

Next, once you have checked your foldername,
What is inside of your image folder?
Per our how to must be 2 hdd insode:
virtioa.qcow2
virtiob.qcow2

When you add node on the topology make sure you have set vnc console for it, not telnet

Uldis

https://www.eve-ng.net/documentation/ho ... d-f5-bigip

and better get qcow2 kvm images from F5, not the OVA

Santucci4

Post by Santucci4 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Thanks so much for your time in responding to me.

The images I've been downloading from F5 are for example BIGIP-13.1.3-0.0.6.ALL.qcow2.zip Image file set for KVM Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS

My folder structure in is /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/BIGIP-13.1.3

Files within the folder are virtioa.qcow2 about 4.6 GB and virtiob.qcow2 which is about 40kb.

When I click on add node, the F5 option isn't showing available to choose from. I previously added an vios image and that is working fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Santucci4

Post by Santucci4 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:42 pm

uldis,

thanks so much for your help and I just now figured out why it wasn't working. For my folder name, I had BIGIP-13.1.3 and I just figured out it was because I was using an uppercase name for the folder name when it should've been all lower case. I changed the folder name to lowercase and now I am able to see my images. Thanks for your help.