How can I SSH into my QEMU instead of VNC

Moderator: mike

mastarron

How can I SSH into my QEMU instead of VNC

Post by mastarron » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:03 am

Hi All,

I've been running eve-ng for a few weeks and it is a great product! Im running an MPLS lab with Cisco IOS, and recently I installed a BASH only CentOS 8.2 image so I can do some network automation in my lab. Im currently running automation on CentOS-8.2 through VNC, but it is not very pretty... How can I switch from VNC over to SSH? Currently the IP of my eve-ng is 192.168.178.24 and my Linux QEMU is running on port 32775, but Im not able to SSH or telnet to that IP and port combo from my local box. However, Im able to telnet to the DYNAMIPS images with no problem.

I have shutdown my LINUX-Centos-8.2 node, right clicked and selected Edit, then went to the bottom and changed CONSOLE from vnc to telnet. However, when I start the linux QEMU and I telnet to it, I get the below prompt and nothing else;
Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... ok

If anybody can point me to the right documentation, or provide the solution on here, I would really appreciate it.

clement-57980

Re: How can I SSH into my QEMU instead of VNC

Post by clement-57980 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:23 pm

I'm working on the same issue, but I realized I may need to open EVE-NG to teh outside world using "Cloud Management" network .. but it's not working .

See below where I'm at ( posted on other forums)

Hi ,
I'm using latest EVE_NG from OVF running in VMWare workstation 15 player.
I'm trying to launch a linux-ubuntu-srv-16.04.4-webmin instance
I followed the procedure here https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/docume ... ost-image/
It all goes well, but when the instance starts in Even-NG, I have no Network reachability.
At start it goes into : "A start job is running for Raise Network interface" for 5 min, which
basically means that I have nothing plugged into my interface e0.
And indeed, there is no connectivity with any of the L2 or L3 devices being plugged on its e0 interface
I tried all the following QEMU NIC modes ( virtio-net-pci, e1000-82545em, tpl(virtio-net-pci), VMXNET3, e1000)
But all lead to the very same result above.
Qmu version 2.12. QEmu Arch x86_64
QEMU options ( are default) -machine type=pc,accel=kvm -vga std -usbdevice tablet -boot order=dc
It works just fine with VirtualBox with default options, but I had to switch to Vmware since I could not have my EVE NG
communicate with the "outside network " using VirtualBox, but it worked just fine with VMware..
THanks for your help !
Clement

clement-57980

Post by clement-57980 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:39 pm

You actually gave me the idea of accessing Linux via Telnet and it works for me .

I can share my config if needed

kappa77

Post by kappa77 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:04 am

Hi all,
could you please post your configs please?

pandadub_lostship

Post by pandadub_lostship » Tue May 31, 2022 2:06 pm

waiting for config too

considering to change configs to enable ssh and telnet access without asking for credentials

I will reply if this is the config needed