EVE install on bare metal

Moderator: mike

salminbel28

EVE install on bare metal

Post by salminbel28 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for some opinions and experience of the different deployments of EVE NG. I am currently getting SCOR out of the way before CCIE Sec.

Right through R&S, CCNA and up, I used GNS3 which is perfectly fine for running tons of routers and a few switches. With Security now, I need to run FTD, FMC, ISE, VM1, VM2, VM3, etc, etc. I have a decent rackmount server running ESXi and it is pretty fit for purpose, but I do like the idea of running Docker containers right in the EVE topologies and also vIOSL2 to incorporate switching for Dot1x, etc. I have been testing the Community edition as a VM on ESXi and found the performance a little slow. It took an hour to install a SVR '19 VM for example. The EVE VM itself had 120 gigs of RAM. Can anyone recommend the bare metal install of EVE? What have been your experiences with it? Is there a performance improvement? What about the Pro version? I think I am sold on the hot adds to interfaces and the docker containers, but I want some opinions on that too.

Thanks!

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE install on bare metal

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:31 pm

First, RAM my friend, is last thing which need aware for..
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16552

CPU is heart of all virtualizations

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE install on bare metal

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:36 pm

This lab for example GNS3 had not handle.. Sotty
It is EVE Pro lab running on Dual E5-2650v4, 160Gb RAM, 3TB SSD
ESXi EVE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.