SNMP Question

Moderator: mike

ovidson

SNMP Question

Post by ovidson » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:48 pm

I just have a quick question that hopefully someone has an answer to.

I am trying to setup a lab with CSRv1000 connected to a linux image with SNMP being sent from router to server. I can't seem to receive any SNMP on the server no matter what I do.

When I use the SNMPB program installed on a Windows image, I get hits using a debug on the router when I use discovery mode but that is all.

My simple question is whether anyone has gotten SNMP working on EVE-NG or is it a limitation?

Of course it could just be my lack of expertise. I remember trying something similar years ago back in the UNL days but I just gave up and moved on back then.

Thanks for any help.

Uldis (UD)

Re: SNMP Question

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:19 pm

no limitations on EVE-NG for SNMP
it is question if the router is properly configured and does your tool have proper connection to the EVE lab

ovidson

Post by ovidson » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:01 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I figured that was the situation. I just didn't want to waste any more time on it if it was something other than my learning curve.

Have a good one.

gbert27455

Post by gbert27455 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:13 pm

Yes, SNMP can be configured and used on EVE-NG. However, it has certain limitations and may require additional configuration steps. Some users have reported success in setting up SNMP on EVE-NG, while others have encountered difficulties. It depends on various factors such as the specific version of EVE-NG being used and the network topology in the virtual lab. It is recommended to refer to the EVE-NG documentation or seek assistance from the EVE-NG community forum to troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to SNMP setup.

Donkey Kong