Lightweight Browser for CE?

Moderator: mike

irbk

Lightweight Browser for CE?

Post by irbk » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:34 pm

I'm working on setting up a BigIP load balancer. Within my eve-ng CE I have windows servers that I can use web browsers in to make sure the load balancing is doing round robbin, but I need to lab up a lot of simultaneous connections from multiple systems. This isn't really practical with Windows boxes because, well, they are windows, so resource HOG. I know there are a bunch of linux flavors that are available for download from https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/docume ... ost-image/ but I don't really know which one of them would be a good GUI interface for a non-linux guy. Really I just need it to be able to open up a webpage thats in my eve-ng environment but I also want to have a lot of them running at the same time, so I need them to be lightweight for eve. Suggestions on what to download?

Uldis (UD)

Re: Lightweight Browser for CE?

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:04 am

for management best is home host, access to nodes using cloud :)
Or in the EVE pro we have dockers for such purpose

irbk

Re: Lightweight Browser for CE?

Post by irbk » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:07 pm

I've found the Linux-slax-9.11.0 distro available in the downloads mentioned earlier to run pretty well with not much resources. Each box can run on a single CPU with 1Gb of ram. Has a web browser, easy enough to understand GUI interface. Seems to do the trick for what I needed.