Nokia VSR-I configuration

Moderator: mike

greebo

Nokia VSR-I configuration

Post by greebo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:12 am

Hello,
about one year ago I managed how to run virtual Nokia router (TiMOS 14.0.R7) in EVE as VSR-I...
Few days ago, I decided to make such lab again. I found many things has changed meanwhile and old methods that I used to run VSR-I seems to not working anymore (editing NVRAM.dat file in guestfish - node falls in bootloop)...

Please note that I successfully ran VSR - the divided IOM/CPM router, but it consumes lots of resorces and this method is not very effective because of that...

I'd like to know if anybody here managed how to run VSR-I in current EVENG release, and if he could share knowledge how to do that...

PS I just want to make some lab practices, not specialization in virtualization, I have tried to search over internet, but all I found is VSR method, which is bad for me ;)

rifster

Re: Nokia VSR-I configuration

Post by rifster » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi,
I attached timos templates I'm using. I haven't been playing with it for over a year but it still works. I checked today on releases 14.0.R7 and 15.0.R1. First run the .sh script I wrote to update EVE files. Before you run it take a look at it, I included some comments. I added my template files to the archive as well so you can compare how working setup looks like.

I'm running EVE Community 2.0.3-92 bare metal.

Good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

greebo

Post by greebo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:01 pm

rifster wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:52 pm
Hi,
I attached timos templates I'm using. I haven't been playing with it for over a year but it still works. I checked today on releases 14.0.R7 and 15.0.R1. First run the .sh script I wrote to update EVE files. Before you run it take a look at it, I included some comments. I added my template files to the archive as well so you can compare how working setup looks like.

I'm running EVE Community 2.0.3-92 bare metal.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot dude, works like a charm! You saved me big piece of my life :)

rifster

Post by rifster » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:23 pm

I'm happy that you're happy :).

If you need to test further you should be able to run distributed VSR with active/standby CPM now as well.