Creating new Node Templates

Here you can ask EVE-NG team to add new images to the list to play in lab.

Do not ask questions like "where I can get image x or Y" in that forum

Moderator: mike

negru_tudor
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 am

Creating new Node Templates

Post by negru_tudor » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello ladies & gents,

Disclaimer: Linux rookie here - not much experience so be gentle ..or not :)

I've been using EVE-NG for the past week or so in order to attempt to create a CCIE Collaboration v2.0 sandbox.

I've been pretty much successful with a couple of little tweaks on the images here & there.

I'm just wondering, is there some way to add a new device template to EVE-NG community edition? I have some devices that i'd like to use additional QEMU custom options.

I managed to add Cisco Meeting Server 2.3 in Eve but using the "cucm-" prefix in the /qemu folder and that worked but it uses the CUCM template's startup custom options.

Image

I would like to be able to create a new Template called "Cisco CMS" and have its own "QEMU custom options" as "-machine type=pc-1.0,accel=kvm -vga std -usbdevice tablet -boot order=cd -cpu host"

Appreciate your input.

negru_tudor
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 am

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by negru_tudor » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:21 pm

Nevermind - found this http://www.brianlinkletter.com/build-cu ... emulators/; seems to be what I need

anwi
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by anwi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:24 pm

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cisco-co ... ian-negru/

Thanks for it...awesome documentation. :)

anwi
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by anwi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:27 pm

...buuuut...one question...on the EVE-NG Pro, if i copy the config.php you provided, whats happening to my already configured nodes?
There is no config.php in the folder by now, just the default config.php.distribution ... will it mess up things?^^

negru_tudor
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 am

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by negru_tudor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:27 pm

anwi wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:24 pm
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cisco-co ... ian-negru/

Thanks for it...awesome documentation. :)
Hey there :) Yeap, that's my piece - appreciate the feedback, thank you! Enjoy!

negru_tudor
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 am

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by negru_tudor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:35 pm

anwi wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:27 pm
...buuuut...one question...on the EVE-NG Pro, if i copy the config.php you provided, whats happening to my already configured nodes?
There is no config.php in the folder by now, just the default config.php.distribution ... will it mess up things?^^
It will just add the additional CUCM, IM&P, UCCX etc. templates I defined in addition to the "out of the box" / default ones that come with EVE-NG.

Chris929
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:51 am

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by Chris929 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:09 am

PRO config.php will add your "custom" templates.
This is not overwritten at Updates - however your regular EVE "templates" are overwritten - also in PRO this file is encrypted - so you can't change anything anyways ;)
Just use the config.php to create custom nodes to be on the safe side.

anwi
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by anwi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi,

having set up now everything, i failed at installing the first CUCM twice...bit annoying.

"The Installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal error. ..."

Did u encounter this too?
I had this ONE time on a real installation of CUCM, but not more, reason was a not working NTP...but mine (on a 3725 router in the lab) seems to work obviously fine.
And i have installed SOME CUCMs since 5.0^^

I have a screenshot, but no idea how to attach it here.

negru_tudor
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 am

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by negru_tudor » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:20 pm

anwi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:39 pm
Hi,

having set up now everything, i failed at installing the first CUCM twice...bit annoying.

"The Installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal error. ..."

Did u encounter this too?
I had this ONE time on a real installation of CUCM, but not more, reason was a not working NTP...but mine (on a 3725 router in the lab) seems to work obviously fine.
And i have installed SOME CUCMs since 5.0^^

I have a screenshot, but no idea how to attach it here.
Hey,

Tested about 8 CUCM installs in EVE (releases 10.5 - 11.5) and they all worked fine.

One of my colleagues had a failed one 2 days ago but it waa due to NTP - it MUST run if you want the install to succeed. Maybe try a different IOS for the router providing the NTP service. I used IOL/IOU and it worked fine.

anwi
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by anwi » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:34 am

OK, thanks, so i will try this then with the IOL. and yes, i had also several times problem when NTP...maybe switching over to another virtual router helps then.

Post Reply