Expand functions of File manager in web

Features you'd like to see in the upcoming version of EVE-NG

Moderator: mike

mpavlov

Expand functions of File manager in web

Post by mpavlov » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 am

Hello,
Can you expand functions of File manager, now i can work only with projects (.unl files), but i would like to work with file manager as with normal ftp server: download and load any types of files (txt, pcap, etc)
Thanks

Uldis (UD)

Re: Expand functions of File manager in web

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:29 am

Not sure what do you mean File Manager.
For such needs we are connecting lab to cloud and from external source you can load whatever you need using tftp or ftp

mpavlov

Post by mpavlov » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:32 pm

When you login on web page you will see list of labs and folders. You can create/delete folders and operate with labs. You called it "File manager"
I know about cloud and scp, but much better if you will add opportunity to operate with other files via web
Sorry for my english, hope you understood me :)

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:47 pm

I see, but in this tree need to manage only labs !
therefore you have inport export feature on it..
Import makes properly load the labs but not copy it from windows environment..
There no need any file exchange using ftp or scp in this tree

mpavlov

Post by mpavlov » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:15 am

I agree with you, if we speak about manual using eve-ng. There is no need to operate with other files.
But what about autotest system based on eve-ng? It can be interesting for companies which develop their own network devices

i have already created prototype, I'am using API and root cli. For example: i record pcap using "tcpdump -U -i vunl{userid}_{nodeid}_{ifaceid} -s 0 -w {folder}/{pcap_name}". So pcap will be writen on eveng machine and i need scp it(i have already done it too). But it will more beautiful solution to create log and pcap directory in web, and download files from web.

I understand that you are oriented on manual using eveng, But think about using it in corporate segment...