EVE GUI feature to change default Telnet client

Features you'd like to see in the upcoming version of EVE-NG

Moderator: mike

dowrmem

Post by dowrmem » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:21 pm

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I think it would be helpful to have some type of dropdown or toggle in EVE-NG to easily change the default client that will open when you click on a node. I'm studying for the CCIE R&S lab, so I'm usually using Putty to match what they have in the lab, but I use SecureCRT for everything else. It would be awesome if I could change the default client quickly from the EVE-NG window. Thanks!

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE GUI feature to change default Telnet client

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:36 pm

it is not eve related but your browser ...
swithc telnet client you can of firefox options

BrianMox

Post by BrianMox » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:10 pm

I can select text in the Debug window of the IDE, but cant get it into the clipboard. Any chance of making this possible please?

arteq

Re: EVE GUI feature to change default Telnet client

Post by arteq » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:08 am

that's a good move... when i went to clus orlando and took a practice lab at WISP (walk-in sel paced) i realized yet another cheapshot they take is not providing tabbed terminals. like you, i immediately put away ZOC (similar to seceure crt, but i think it's better) and begrudgingly force myself to use putty now because it presents a clumsy term window management issue for the sit, and it's what they use... just awful... but it is what it is...