Installed Intel i350 4-port card after baremetal install of eve

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

Gypsy

Installed Intel i350 4-port card after baremetal install of eve

Post by Gypsy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:22 pm

Lenovo 920x, Intel i7 CPU, 64G Ram

The onboard 1G ethernet vpro interface was at eth0, but after I installed the 4-port card the onboard interface moved to eth2? Any ideas on how to straighten this out? Not too keen on doing fresh installs all the way around, but would go that route, if I had some confidence that it would recognize them in the order that I want.

Cheers!

Gypsy

Re: Installed Intel i350 4-port card after baremetal install of eve

Post by Gypsy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:39 pm

**UPDATE**
Decided to do a clean install of Ubuntu and it looks promising until after 'Step 28: Reboot your server' of the Bare metal install. On boot up, it hangs at 'A start job is running for wait for network to be configured', which ultimately times out. My static address information is not getting saved. 00-installer-config.yaml is not present and /etc/network/interfaces does not exist.

I've reproduced this same behavior 3 times now. Is there an update to a network package that addresses this?

Uldis (UD)

Re: Installed Intel i350 4-port card after baremetal install of eve

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:29 am

no mate, simply need check which interface MAC is responding, Ubuntu makes very bad issue to mess NIC order after install sometimes..
better visit our live eve helpdesk for chat
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/
use gmail to join