Three questions regarding EVE-NG

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

chrisreve89

Three questions regarding EVE-NG

Post by chrisreve89 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:37 pm

I typically have some projects in GNS3 and i want to try something, i open the topology i break stuff, i don't save and and still have my project like before. How am i supposed to do that with EVE? Am i supposed to use the "clone" feature? (Note here is that i'm using GNS3 1.3, i know that this isn't anymore possible with 2.X)

Startup-configs and modules in GNS3 are very simply, in the device settings you just add the path to what initial config and configure what modules we want. So whenever i drag over a new device it will automatically get those same settings and I'm ready to go. In EVE every time i make a new node i have to do so many things just to reach a "template" level so i can start playing around. Can EVE do this?

Every time i double click a device to open putty, the name of the session is <EVE-NG IP> - PuTTY but in GNS3 it take's the device's hostname.VidMate Mobdro
Last edited by chrisreve89 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Three questions regarding EVE-NG

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:07 pm

;)
Seems you simply never used EVE in full force.

1st question:
EVE saves all configs and you can save/stop lab and after run it as you like where you leave it. Any EVE upgrade to newest versions keep your projects as it is.
About GNS3 I will not comment. GNS3 is CCNA/CCNP level for personal use. Not scalable. Sorry.

2nd question:
EVE Pro has multiconfiguration feature, you can do even proof of concept or migration if you like with multi configs on single lab. All is exportable and loadable.

3rd question:
You simply didn’t read how to use EVE. EVE has multi console types, and not 2x click on node but only once..
Native console will open you telnet session with node name on the header. I don’t know what you talking about IP etc.. In eve this works. Putty or CRT.
see attachment CRT names tabs, putty has same named console window

Uldis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.