IOL Nodes start and immediately stop

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

tmusabaika

IOL Nodes start and immediately stop

Post by tmusabaika » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi I'm just starting with eve-ng and I've just downloaded the community edition. I'm having challenges with the IOL nodes which are starting then stopping immediately. A message pops up saying node "started" but then the node will have stopped. I'm running Windows 10 (1903) 16 GB Ram core i5 Dell Optiplex 990. I tried the same eve-ng, following the same steps and configurations on a laptop (HP Elite Book 830 G5) with lesser specs and its working so am wondering why its failing on a desktop with better specs and more resources. I really would love to use eve-ng in this Desktop because it has enough resources to support the kind of labs I want to create.

Uldis (UD)

Re: IOL Nodes start and immediately stop

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:00 pm

First:
your i5 CPU is suitable to run very light nodes like IOL.
IOL nodes require iourc license to be installed, google please for it.
We do not offer lic cracks here.
Win 10 is too heavy node for your EVE, because of weak CPU i5 has only 4 virtual cores.
RAM will not help, because if your cpu cannot hold virtual nodes, it will be useless

Your option on that laptop is IOL or dynamips nodes, maybe vIOS..
but not nore