Vyos install steps

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

JaimeSharp

Vyos install steps

Post by JaimeSharp » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:04 am

I am curious about the how to guide with vyos
I have followed the steps listed which state copy the iso then run a command to make the qcow2 file

To which it says install vyos using vyos /vyos I know those are the defaults but how do you manipulate that image/ qcow file

Other guides have commands to install the file is that step missing or am I missing something simple

Thanks

Uldis (UD)

Re: Vyos install steps

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:08 pm

JaimeSharp

Post by JaimeSharp » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:30 am

My apologies for not replying back to this , I have attempted the steps there and cannot mount this image , I have tried alternative operating systems which work fine though I did receive errors on some other operating systems / images using the templates - it is possible the machine or method I am using is at fault , for Testing I was running within Hyper-V so it might be an issue with nested Virtualisation as well

The Template can see the ISO's directories are in place and I tired with 1.2.3 as well as Vyos 1.2.5

I tried a ASA image which worked for me fine so I know that it is not entirely my installation - it is potentially under provisioned as I have 6GB of ram for testing but have Vyos VM's on my hyper V environment with less Ram assigned

I am happy to screenshot any errors if that helps for context as well

Thanks

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Hyper-V is not supported due MS bad stuff regarding nested virtualization..
No way with Hyper-V

JaimeSharp

Post by JaimeSharp » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:10 am

Thank you for confirming my suspicions that it is related to nested virtualisation support - I will use the operating systems which are functional in this environment in the mean time.

I will have to look at alternative options to use EVE such as vmware or some other hypervisor - ESX-I, Proxmox, etc

Thanks for your assistance