Eve-NG Installation Issues - Part 2

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

bseelinger

Eve-NG Installation Issues - Part 2

Post by bseelinger » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Hello,

I posted yesterday with a heading of "Eve-NG Installation Issues" and was informed that my installation issue of EVE-NG community on Ubuntu 18.04 is not supported, (only the PRO version of EVE-NG is supported on 18.04). Part of that issue was caused by a peer that said they were using EVE-NG on 18.04 but they never mentioned they were using the PRO version.

I then tried to download the PRO verion while still on 18.04 but received the same error as was shown in my original post. Output from that process is attached.

When that failed I went to section 3.3 of the cookbook, (v3.1). It appears from the installation menus that the ISO file for the PRO verison is still using v16 of Ubuntu and thats fine. Each step was followed appropriately but one thing I thought strange is that nowhere in the documented installation process did it indicate setting up a username and password as all other installations required. The installation completed to the point where it instructs you to remove your bootable media and restart the system. This occurred but now I am staring at a username prompt and wonder whats next. I re-checked the documentation and again, nothing about username and password.

Possibly my error somehow?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Eve-NG Installation Issues - Part 2

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:40 pm

visit our live Helpdesk for advice.
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/

use gmail account to join.

fresh EVE 3.1 Installs natively from Ubuntu 18.
our ISO firstly installing Ubuntu 18, and then EVE 3.1
Internet and DNS is a must for it.

https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/docume ... -cookbook/

Uldis

bseelinger

Re: Eve-NG Installation Issues - Part 2

Post by bseelinger » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Thanks you for pointing me in the right direction. Cheers!