Bare metal install on Intel NUC 10th gen

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

ctm-tech

Bare metal install on Intel NUC 10th gen

Post by ctm-tech » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:23 am

I was looking to setup a bare metal install on my intel NUC but have run into issues with using Ubuntu 16.4 server edition. It seems like it’s missing the network card drivers. To confirm Ubuntu 16.4 desktop does contain the LAN driver.

Has anyone come across this? Or found a work around? Is it possible to install eveng onto the desktop version of Ubuntu? When I tried I got to the section where I change the network name to eth0 and it looked completely different.

I had the same problem when using esxi and had to get an iso with the driver injected into it for it to work.

AJD-UK-1

Re: Bare metal install on Intel NUC 10th gen

Post by AJD-UK-1 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:48 pm

Only way I could get it to work was to by a USB Ethernet adapter but that seems to add some weird "vss monitoring ethernet trailer" to the packets which I don't think is healthy. I'd love to be able to use the onboard NIC