Please Help a Newbie create a Juniper vQFX node

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

JasonLJames

Please Help a Newbie create a Juniper vQFX node

Post by JasonLJames » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:58 am

Hi all,

I'm very new to the EVE-NG forum and application having cut my teeth on Cisco PacketTracer. I have downloaded and installed VMWare Workstation Player V16.1. I also downloaded EVE-NG community edition. The VM has been allocated 8GB of RAM and 4 cores. EVE-NG executes and appears to be working correctly as I can log into the EVE-COMM-VM and get access to the command line. I can also view a topology via the IP address provided by the client. I have successfully added a couple of PC nodes and have been able to ping back and fore. So far so good.

I have also downloaded from the Juniper.net website the versions of the RE and PFE which are used in the Junpier vQFX How To guides on the EVE-NG website, namely 17.4R1 in both cases. I followed the How To guide and created the folders, copied the files to the correct locations, adjusted the file permissions did the renaming. I then successfully add an RE and PFE node to a new topology on my browser and connected the em1/int interfaces in the two nodes.

I start them both and get some output on each engine but neither ever completes and presents with a prompt that accepts and commands. The RE output is much longer than the PFE output. Both are attached as images.

Has anyone successfully created a working vQFX node in EVE-NG? Have a missed a step or is there anything I can do to get this working?

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.