Unable to log into EVE-NG instance

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

lbaker

Unable to log into EVE-NG instance

Post by lbaker » Fri May 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Good morning! I'm having a problem with my eve-ng installation. When I attempt to log in, nothing happens (no errors or changes in the web UI). However after looking in my browser's developer tools I see the server returning an HTTP 500 error.

Here's a snippet of that response:

Code: Select all

Type: ErrorException
Code: 2
Message: file_get_contents(https://127.0.0.1/html5/api/tokens): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500
File: /opt/unetlab/html/includes/functions.php
Line: 1996
Trace

#0 /opt/unetlab/html/includes/functions.php(1996): Slim\Slim::handleErrors(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/opt/unetlab/ht...', 1996, Array)
#1 /opt/unetlab/html/includes/api_authentication.php(208): updateUserToken(Object(PDO), 'lbaker', '1')
#2 /opt/unetlab/html/api.php(153): apiLogin(Object(PDO), Object(PDO), Array, 'd8fa0ab8-c9bd-4...')

I'm also seeing this in the tomcat Catalina.out:

Code: Select all

07:50:49.932 [http-nio-127.0.0.1-8080-exec-8] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error:
### Error querying database. Cause: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
### The error may exist in org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
### The error may involve org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
### The error occurred while executing a query
### Cause: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
Note that I am able to log into mysql from the eve host using the mysql client (tried the 'root' user and the 'gaucamole' user with success - it just seems that something in tomcat is not functioning properly?) .

Uldis (UD)

Re: Unable to log into EVE-NG instance

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat May 22, 2021 1:59 pm

apt update
apt upgrade
rebooot