Unable to telnet to any device.

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

marioiram

Unable to telnet to any device.

Post by marioiram » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Hello

I'm trying to use SecureCRT or Putty with Eve-NG but can't get any to work.

I'm running the community edition in vmware workstation pro version 16 and this is running on a Windows 10 machine.

I know the devices are running, could be a switch or a router because when I log in using the HMTL5 console I can click on any device and see the banners and can start typing but when I use the native console nothing happens, I installed the Windows client and I've tested both win10_64bit_sCRT.reg and win10_64bit_putty.reg and neither will work, I've tried different browsers (Firefox, chrome and edge).

I tested doing a telnet manually opening putty, typing the ip address of my VM and the port of the router or switch I want to test and it connects but can't integrate it with eve-ng so that I can just click on the device and automatically open securecrt.

root@eve-ng:~# uname -a
Linux eve-ng 4.20.17-eve-ng-ukms+ #2 SMP Wed Jun 5 08:18:06 CEST 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Unable to telnet to any device.

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:50 am

Faulty installwed Winclient pack. Reinstall it or for help visit EVE Live chat
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/
use your gmail account to joijn or create new

marioiram

Re: Unable to telnet to any device.

Post by marioiram » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:42 pm

I've tried reinstalling the client like 10 times and still have the same issue, guess I'll talk to the help desk...