How to permanently change MTU on eth1 and pnet1 to jumbo?

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

techman0615

How to permanently change MTU on eth1 and pnet1 to jumbo?

Post by techman0615 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:17 pm

So, I deployed the OVF type of eve-ng and the most recent version yesterday. I was able to do this in my iso deployment years ago, meaning able to change the MTU to 9000 for both eth1 and pnet1 permanently and now I cannot figure this out in /etc/network/interfaces. I can get this command to work <ip link set mtu 9000 eth1> & <ip link set mtu 9000 pnet1> since eth1 and pnet1 and cloud1 all map together, but obviously this clears on reboot. I added a screenshot to show the interfaces on eve-ng VM. I need jumbo to support Geneve for NSX-T lab. I did search this forum and someone ask a similar question, but the answer was vague and seemed like it was not jumbo to a Cloud/external connection, more internal. Is it possible to show me an example config in the interfaces file. Thanks in advance for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lboisseau

Re: How to permanently change MTU on eth1 and pnet1 to jumbo?

Post by lboisseau » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:33 pm

Hello,

answer provided in this POST : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20625

HTH