EVE-NG Bare Metal Install

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

ianb

EVE-NG Bare Metal Install

Post by ianb » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:27 pm

Hi,

I have been working with a bare metal install, before xmas which was working fine but for various reasons I have been reinstalling. My own investigations.

But today I have hit a new issue with a new install, which is that the install does not complete. With a little bit of investigation I think this has been caused by Ubuntu update which has implemented the new network "netplan" instead of "interfaces". I do get an IP Address (DHCP) so know this is working.

But this may not be the issue, just showing that the platform has changed and is causing an install issue.

The issue happens with the install hanging, "Second stage install in progress" and does not proceed/complete. Looking in "opt" nothing is installed !!!

Any ideas ??

Many thanks

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE-NG Bare Metal Install

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:42 pm

which Ubuntu server version installed and which EVE version you tried?
EVE Com or Pro?

ianb

Post by ianb » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:58 pm

eve-pro-prod-5.0.1-120-full

ianb

Post by ianb » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:25 pm

As an update I have now used "eve-pro-v5.20230326" and the system has installed !!!!