Failed to export config (16)

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

horseinthesky

Failed to export config (16)

Post by horseinthesky » Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 am

Something strange is going on with XRv and vMX nodes.

I've built a lab with several IOL, CRS1000v, vMX and one XRv node:
1) IOL and CRS1000v is working great and export cfg's with no issues.
2) XRv (tried 6.0.1 oand 6.1.2) can import manually exported config grom "exported" but can't export it.
3) vMX (14.1R1.10) also can import manually exported config grom "exported" but can't export it.
4) Very new thing for me: if i try to lock the lab i see a ton of errors "Failed to lock the lab (60061)" and <name of some node>:undefined and no longer can do any changes with lab: no changing text/custom shapes, i can't manualy paste any text to exported cfgs

I've tried to:
a) stop all nodes
b) wipe them
c) set startup-cfg as exported
d) start the nodes
e) clone the lab and do firts 4 steps. Nothing works

BTW: "Failed to lock the lab (60061)" error can be fixed if i clone the lab and continue my work in clone. Original lab is broken forever

Pls help me fix export and "Failed to lock the lab (60061)" issues. Thank you

ramindia

Re: Failed to export config (16)

Post by ramindia » Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 am

horseinthesky wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 am
Something strange is going on with XRv and vMX nodes.

I've built a lab with several IOL, CRS1000v, vMX and one XRv node:
1) IOL and CRS1000v is working great and export cfg's with no issues.
2) XRv (tried 6.0.1 oand 6.1.2) can import manually exported config grom "exported" but can't export it.
3) vMX (14.1R1.10) also can import manually exported config grom "exported" but can't export it.
4) Very new thing for me: if i try to lock the lab i see a ton of errors "Failed to lock the lab (60061)" and <name of some node>:undefined and no longer can do any changes with lab: no changing text/custom shapes, i can't manualy paste any text to exported cfgs

I've tried to:
a) stop all nodes
b) wipe them
c) set startup-cfg as exported
d) start the nodes
e) clone the lab and do firts 4 steps. Nothing works

BTW: "Failed to lock the lab (60061)" error can be fixed if i clone the lab and continue my work in clone. Original lab is broken forever

Pls help me fix export and "Failed to lock the lab (60061)" issues. Thank you

look into the folder where the lab file is placed.
YOu should find a lock file...

Delete it.

This should fix the problem

R!

horseinthesky

Re: Failed to export config (16)

Post by horseinthesky » Sat May 06, 2017 4:25 pm

A little node config script correction fixed export issues. Everything works fine now.