Slow Performance

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

vkukshal03

Re: Slow Performance

Post by vkukshal03 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:16 am

Hi UD, I was not able to join the Skype group as timings are different.

I found issue with windows 10 64 bit ,, All Qemu images booting slow.. in windows 7 64 bit its fine.. could you please give the same solution what you have given to " gcastbr" when you have asked him to join skype group.. I believe if you have resolved his issue, my issue will get resolved.

My laptop configuration.
Lenovo - E450
VMWARE workstation version : 12
RAM : 16 GB DDR3
Processor :- i5
Virtualization enabled in BIOS
HDD : SATA 1TB

vkukshal03

Post by vkukshal03 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 am

I found issue with windows 10 64 bit ,, All Qemu images booting slow.. in windows 7 64 bit its fine.. could you please give the same solution what you have given to " gcastbr" when you have asked him to join skype group.. I believe if you have resolved his issue, my issue will get resolved.

My laptop configuration.
Lenovo - E450
Virtualization enabled in BIOS
HDD : SATA 1TB

vkukshal03

Post by vkukshal03 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:21 am

Uldis (UD) wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:49 am
go to skupe group, maybe I can look..

My laptop configuration.
Lenovo - E450
Virtualization enabl

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:26 am

read here
it can be your Antivirus issue
http://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/faq
first post

vkukshal03

Post by vkukshal03 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Uldis (UD) wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:26 am
read here
it can be your Antivirus issue
http://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/faq
first post
I posted the issue as I have exhausted all my steps and your steps mentioned in the portal.. Before posted I already checked disable my firewall and antivirus. still I am facing the issue. Now I am rebuilding my laptop as brand new.. and will try if it does not work, I state it its an issue with windows 10 having some issue with EVE-NG. will posted you after re-building my laptop.

vkukshal03

Post by vkukshal03 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi UD , it works I had re-imaged my laptop and the performance is good. better then before.. Just want to know how I can Avoid using AV on Vmware binary? any idea? and thanks for you help.

I am using AVAST Antivirus..

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:09 pm

do not allow your avast do deep inspections..specially on nested things..
just search arround and check which option touch vmware..disable it

vkukshal03

Post by vkukshal03 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:01 am

Hi UD, How are you doing ?

After a long hour of search in google. I got the resolution.. In avast :troubleshooting section we need to disable virtualization scanning.. which will resolve the issue not completely but image will boot fast.

Thanks for your support and No doubt the work you are on is really fantastic and welcomed by everyone in networking world. it is also helping new guys entering in the networking world.

Keep up your good world and all the best for you future prospects.

gcastbr

Post by gcastbr » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi folks..

I'm going to test now the solution. I was getting the same problem for all qemu in vmware.

I'll send a feedback about.

Thanks on more time for that.

gcastbr

Post by gcastbr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:06 pm

vkukshal03 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:01 am
Hi UD, How are you doing ?

After a long hour of search in google. I got the resolution.. In avast :troubleshooting section we need to disable virtualization scanning.. which will resolve the issue not completely but image will boot fast.

Thanks for your support and No doubt the work you are on is really fantastic and welcomed by everyone in networking world. it is also helping new guys entering in the networking world.

Keep up your good world and all the best for you future prospects.
Hi, do you have another tip? I disabled the virtualization on avast as well as disabled the avast but I keep with the same behavior. I really don't know what is the cause. I did a test with my ssd, is normal, windows is working normaly as well, I cannot figure out the problem. I tested in my PC in my home is i7, 32gb, etc a normal sata HDD, and the same problem. and I'm getting the problem with all nested image running qmeu ( wistar for ex: ).