console paste buffer too small?

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

drhoades

console paste buffer too small?

Post by drhoades » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:40 am

Hello,

I have the pro version of EVE-NG and when I try to paste in lines of configuration either via the web ui or with a telnet console session in securecrt or other telnet program at most it will paste in two lines of configuration. I did not have this limitation with the non-pro version. Is there a way to increase the console buffer size so that I can paste in configuration snippetes longer than one line at a time?

Thanks.

Uldis (UD)

Re: console paste buffer too small?

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 am

I didnt observe such, I can copy from notepad what ever long config I need.
Full router cfg copied from notepad to html5 console look screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drhoades

Post by drhoades » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:14 pm

I have a server with two difference identical physical nodes built within it. One non-pro version of EVE-NG and one pro version. I just realized that I have the issue on both with the same types of images.

I am having the problem on a few different types of Juniper images. Do you have any Juniper images you can test with? Are there any settings that could impact the console buffer?

Thanks.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:36 pm

I dont know then, very looks like it is juniper image issue
Obviously not EVE issue, because no one else image makes such issues...

drhoades

Post by drhoades » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:52 am

I went back to using securecrt instead of a different client or the html5 or docker terminal program. With securecrt you can set a line paste delay on the terminal session of like 20ms or something and this seems to resolve the issue. So perhaps there is some issue with console buffer on juniper virtual devices.