ESXI TEMPLATE

Moderator: mike

rumshot

ESXI TEMPLATE

Post by rumshot » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Folks,

I apologize for the dumb question and I would like to know, if would be possible and viable to create a template (like a clone) of my current EVE-NG Community image ?

I have this eve-community set up and working perfectly. I love it.... but now, its time to move to professional one, but i want to make sure that i will keep it as a template for others implementations that i will do. Meaning. Every customer mine, starts with the same clone and then go thru update to professional version, buying new licenses and so on.

If is there someone who can give me a tip on Vsphere/esxi i appreciate a lot.

Uldis (UD)

Re: ESXI TEMPLATE

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 pm

Check our cookbook and you can create own templates for pro..
If your templates are created in old community style then thos will not work in Pro.
in Pro need create it accordingly our how to.

https://www.eve-ng.net/images/EVE-COOK-BOOK-1.8.pdf

section 17.3

rumshot

Post by rumshot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi Ud,

Thanks for your reply. actually i was asking about vmware. if theres a way to clone my current eve-ng community, install it in another server and upgrade to professional and then the customer goes to the professional process to obtain the licenses.

Im trying to avoid rework, installing over and over again. Since I have few consultants working for me, but we are more network, we have this lack on automation. I thought that we could use ESX or vmware to clone our environment and quickly deploy on new customer, since its part of standard contract.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:22 pm

yes you can copy your ova upgrade eve community to Pro.
https://www.eve-ng.net/documentation/eve-ng-upgrade

but not like this, upgrade to pro lod lic and then move to another esxi, This will not work

Uldis

rumshot

Post by rumshot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Ciao Ud,

Thanks ! thats the reason that I will deploy the community and then upgrade to the pro, because i know that wont work and also, i need to make them buy it.

Thanks for advise. :)