NXOX9k v telnet

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

charles

NXOX9k v telnet

Post by charles » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi,
I have an issue with nxos-v node telnet, it inserts an extra carriage return every time retrun/enter is pressed.
I add the nxos-v image per URL:"https://www.networkhunt.com/how-to-add- ... in-eve-ng/"
On starting the node in EVE-NG,at loader> prompt I enter the command boot nxos.7.0.3.I7.7.bin.
This brings up Power on Auto provisioning abort option, which i say yes and enter.
Here lies the problem, the enter also inserts an extra carriage return and the secure password option is entered with yes, the default ( instead of no., my preference)
When I enter the secure password at prompt and press enter, this issue an extra carriage return again and confirmation password is entered as "blank" password and I can not get out or abort the cycle.
How do I fix the extra carriage return issue with telnet?

Telnet works fine with c7200 router in the same eve-ng setup , only nxos image is the issue, I tried image from different sources, same problem.
thanks
charles.